Department Head Report
Energy Assessment bid went out.
No other department head reports.
Solicitor Report [0:40]
– 5 year contract for food at the jail not broken down into dollar amounts
– County employees working in the courts at the magistrate buildings will go to the Freedom Municipal Building through an MOU in an emergency.
– Discussion about method to used to put county vehicles up for auction/sale.
— Amadio [7:10] —
– Waiting on Agricultural Preservation response.
— Egley [7:55] —
– Will start work this week on putting in drainage ditch at Brush Creek where citizens previously dug a ditch near the soccer field.
– South Heights responded to Commissioners regarding building permits. Expressed they are excluded from turning in building permits, but turn in trailer and excavating/demo permits. Nothing reported since 2003.
– Airport and Beaver County Chamber met about I376 corridor. Unemployment rate hovers around 4%. More jobs today than in peak of steel mill era.
– Office of Aging to have booklet come out in May.
– Central Valley School District wants to have students job shadow elected officials in the courthouse.
– Act 79 of County Code took effect last week which states individuals sentenced and convicted of Domestic Violence related charges must give up firearms. Discussion of process and policies.
Audience Participation [16:20]
– John Crispino – Discussed iCPR.
– North Country Trail wants GIS data from county. There is $100 charge per municipality, wants fee waved in three municipalities.
Executive Session for Union Negotiations