— Beaver County Council of Governments Meeting set for July 31st
– Zoning Meeting is set for 7pm on April 10th
– No Police Report – Council requested that police bring a report every month instead of quarterly.
– General Govt report shows that air quality in beaver is “very good”.
– Recreation is looking into planning a “night swing” event
– Columbia Gas to pave the back parking lot in full [14:00]
– Mayor reported that the town qualified for Tree City again.
– Approved Youngblood bid for road paving. Will receive $120,000.00 from Columbia Gas to help pay for it. Columbia gas paying due to lateral breaks it caused in roads.
– Parking meters to be removed from entire borough and instead will be set to a two-hour parking. Post office parking will be lessened to 15 minutes, from the previous two hours. Parking restrictions will not be enforced on weekends.
– Borough to sponsor Beaver County BOOM with a $1250.00 “Silver” sponsor, up from $500 in previous years.
– A memorial for the War on Terror is being drawn up and will be shown to the board.
– A Q&A discussing upcoming work on sidewalks and pavings will be thirty minutes before the next work session.
– Borough approved the purchase of an F350 truck for $23,500.00 to help with salting and paving.
– Collective Bargaining Agreement discussions were held during a 30-minute executive session for contract issues. The board voted 5-4 against approval.