Editor’s Note: The Board was found by BeaverCountian.com to be in an “Executive Session” prior to the public meeting for a minimum of twenty minutes. Officials failed to announce the reasons for the executive session during the regular meeting as required by law under the Pennsylvania Sunshine Act.
– Resolution was discovered concerning PennDOT property. Old Brighton Stein Road was vacated by the state and is now owned by the township. Plans to construct a salt shed were discussed.
Engineer Report [02:55]
– Discussion about the 2019 Road Program and which roads need work.
– Maryjane Meadows asked permission to use the township buildings for the upcoming election on May 21st.
* A roughly five-minute time period at the beginning of the meeting was spent creating copies of the agenda for the audience.
New Business [06:50]
– Board approved agenda items in one vote, excluding letters A, B, C, H and J. The accepted items were listed on the agenda as follows:
D) The Public Safety Committee recommends that the Manager issue a letter of support to the Chairman of the House Transportation Committee for the adoption and passage of the HB 352 which would authorize the use of radars for local traffic enforcement by Pennsylvania communities. This is a measure supported by the Allegheny League of Municipalities (ALOM).
E) The Building and Grounds Committee recommend the adoption of Resolution No. 2019-4-17, acknowledging and accepting the vacation of a portion of Old Breitenstein Road.
F) The Building and Grounds Committee recommends that the Solicitor and Township Manager be authorized to prepare the required documents to acknowledge the abandoned and vacated Old Breitenstein Rd, abandoned by the PA Dept of Transportation in 1935 and 1962, and relay said abandoned property in its entirety to the Township, except for the portion vacated to the Vol Fire Dept.
G) The Building and Grounds Committee recommends the appointment of T Squared Site Services as the consulting engineer and design professional for the Public Works addition and the Municipal Building Renovations subject to the submission of an acceptable cost and services proposal. All costs to be paid from the 2018 GO Bond Issue Series.
I) The Building and Grounds Committee recommends the authorization of T Squared Site Services to develop the plans for the Public Works Garage addition for submission to the Township Engineer for the issuance of a Building Permit. All costs will be consistent with the not to exceed proposal.
K) The Road Committee recommends the Township Manager to be authorized to advertise for competitive bids for the 2019 Road Program, Rice Avenue, Woodland Road, and 10th Street and Webb. All costs to be paid from the 2018 GO Bond Series Fund.
L)Motion to approve Sewage Account adjustments as presented.