Approximately forty members of the public attended this meeting.
Public Comment (Agenda Items)
An executive session was held prior to this meeting. The reason for executive session was not given as required by law under the Pennsylvania Sunshine Act.
Approval Of Minutes [01:45]
Treasurer Report [03:00]
JROTC Report [03:15]
New Business [05:10]
– Discussion was held about Motion (A) under new business. “Approve the Beaver Area School District Act 1 Section 311(d) resolution to not increase the taxes above the district’s adjusted Act 1 index of 3.4%. (encl. V.A)” A motion was made to table the motion, but failed.
– A motion was made to approve the increase of Phase 1B renovation spending from $500,000.00 to $2,000,000.00. The board then explained and discussed why they motioned to increase this budgeted item so dramatically.
– College Square Roof Update [15:30]
– NRG Powerplay Demand Response [16:40]
– A motion was made (P) as stated. “Approve changes to the high school course registration book for the 2020-2021 school year to include the following new courses: AP Physics 1, Sports Literacy, Podcasting 101, Environmental Science, Creative Writing II, Junior Seminar. (encl. V.P)” Board member Luke Beradelli abstained from this motion. [25:15]
Administrative Report [31:20]
Public Comment [31:25]
Mike: Asked for an update on school security, including resource officers and plans going forward.
Shawn: Asked that the board be careful with how transparent they are with their security plans. Stated that he thinks sharing too much could be a bad thing.
Pam: Thanked the board for their approval of the Washington D.C. trip.