Listen To This Article:
The Beaver-Lawrence Central Labor Council (BLCLC) has endorsed candidates for this year’s county elections, including a nod to one Republican.
The union’s legislative committee conducted candidate interviews of those seeking endorsement, with its membership body voting on March 18.
The union voted to endorse Democrat Tony Amadio and Republican Dan Camp for commissioner.
Although Amadio’s Democratic running mate Dennis Nichols also pushed hard for the union’s endorsement, he was ultimately left out in the cold. Republican commissioner candidate Jack Manning had also worked to gain the union’s approval, but similarly failed to earn the confidence of the union’s membership.
Incumbents David Rossi (Democrat – Controller), David Lozier (Republican – District Attorney), David Gabauer (Republican – Coroner) and Tony Guy (Republican – Sheriff), were not endorsed but did not actively seek the union’s backing.
Beaver-Lawrence Central Labor Council Endorsed Candidates:
– Democrat Tony Amadio (incumbent)
– Republican Dan Camp (incumbent)
– Democrat Edward “Ted” Knafelc
– Democrat Wayne Kress
– Democrat Lori Bohach
– Democrat Michael Rossi
Register of Wills
– Democrat Tracey Patton (incumbent). Patton is running unopposed in the primary with no Republican challengers.
– There is no endorsed candidate in this race. Republican Coroner David Gabauer is running unopposed in the primary with no democratic challengers.
– There is no endorsed candidate in this race.
Recorder of Deeds
– Democrat Dee Dixon
Clerk of Courts
– Democrat Judy Enslen (incumbent). Enslen is running unopposed in the primary with no Republican challengers.
Common Pleas Judge
– Democrat Laura Tocci