Editor’s Note: The Ambridge School District has released the following statement about the suspension of cheerleading at the district due to COVID-19 concerns.
Dear Ambridge Area School District Community:
Today, I received notice that a student-athlete that participates on multiple sports teams/activities in the Ambridge Area School District may have been potentially exposed to COVID-19. This student/athlete recently attended practices with the Girls Soccer Team as well as the Cheerleading Squad. Out of an abundance of caution, the student /athlete was told to self-quarantine.
Cheerleading practice will be postponed until further notice. The District continues to monitor the situation and will take further actions as information becomes available.
The welfare, health and safety of our students, staff and visitors is of the utmost importance to the Ambridge Area School District. We have developed rigorous guidelines, procured necessary supplies, and held staff trainings to do everything possible to meet this goal.
We continue to ask that all persons accessing District property continue to follow standard COVID-19 safety recommendations, including the following:
1. Wear a mask at all times
2. Maintain a distance of six (6) feet from others
3. Wash and/or sanitize hands often
4. Stay at home if you have a temperature of 99.5 degrees or higher or are experiencing other symptoms of COVID-19 illness
5. Please remain vigilant against this public health threat which is circulating in our community. Together, we can work to prevent the spread of this virus and stand ready to do so.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the District’s actions surrounding COVID-19, feel free to contact:
Mr. Barry J. King,
Ambridge Area School District Pandemic Coordinator
– Three Ambridge Students – Including Two Athletes – Test Positive For COVID-19
– Beaver Student-Athlete Sick With COVID-19
An Important Message To Our Readers
BeaverCountian.com’s coverage of the novel coronavirus is being made freely available outside of our normal paywall. We believe the information we are providing is important to all members of our community and should not be limited to just those with financial means.
For those who are able to support our efforts, we would appreciate it if you considered subscribing to gain access to all of our award-winning local reporting. As always, thanks for being a reader of BeaverCountian.com!