Trial For Sheriff David Postponed Until April

Home Forums Beaver County – Countywide Happenings Trial For Sheriff David Postponed Until April

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Silence_Dogood 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

John Paul
    Participant

The trial for Sheriff David on charges stemming from an incident involving this reporter is being continued until April 28th. The delay comes at the request of the defense.

The trial had originally been scheduled for September, but had been continued until February 24th, also by request of the defense.

I can’t write any more specifics than that for obvious reasons, but wanted to let everyone know why I’ve been out of the loop the past couple of days.

Other media outlets are covering the trial and related hearings and have more details for those interested.

weredareres

I hope the court system will quit pussy footing around and you get justice.

Nikki
    Participant

The only mention I’ve found is that they’ve added 4 more counts as of Friday, but there was no mention of the trial being pushed back again. Odd…

Silence_Dogood
    Participant

So tired of hearing that his trial date keeps getting pushed back… Is the defense hoping to keep pushing it back until 2016 so David can serve out the rest of his term? I say enough with the games and lets finish this circus…

JoeDoe
    Participant

Let’s face it folks, all of the long and tireless hours John Paul has put in on this absurdness with the Sheriff, you can bet your bottom dollar this man will be found “NOT Guilty” and the majority of charges dropped of all his crimes and misgivings and walk away a free man to continue to harass and make everyone’s life a total hell for the remainder of his term! And if that’s the case, I hope he enjoys it because if the good people of Beaver County have any sense, they will NEVER allow this man to be re-elected again!!!!

Silence_Dogood
    Participant

The sad thing, JoeDoe, is that you’re probably right; but at this point, I will continue to hold out hope that you’re not. I’m going to hope that the judge and jury in this case will have some sense of reason and convict him with the mountains of evidence that has been stacked against him. With that said, the thing that irritates me is that with all these threats of violence against people, the highest charge against him is a Misdemeanor 1 (M1), of which is punishable by a MAXIMUM of 5 years, meaning that even if he is found guilty of that charge (Terroristic Threats w/ Int to Terrorize Another), chances are he will only be given some sort of probation and told to have no contact with those he intimidated. Fortunately for us, if he IS found guilty of one of his 18 M2 charges, he will be prohibited from carrying a concealed firearm unless granted an expungement of his record and a pardon by the governor because any conviction holding a MAXIMUM sentence of more than one year (not to be confused with the actual sentence) precludes you from obtaining an LTCF.

At the end of the day, I’m going to sit back with my bag of popcorn and watch the show… I’m sure it’s going to be entertaining…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Trial For Sheriff David Postponed Until April’ is closed to new replies.